Friday, November 14, 2008

Teacher's Square

Yesterday at work, while reading the news I happened to stumble onto an article about how our features can help tell about ourselves. I found it particularly interesting reading about how all kinds of different cultures have or continue to do this. Apparently the Chinese traditionally read faces and the Japanese even read into blood types. Reading all this lead me to palmistry, which I found/find incredibly intriguing!

According to palmistry, I should be a teacher! There is a little square of lines on the mount
under the index finger which is usually indicative of someone who would make a good teacher. It implies the ability to pass on knowledge, that ambition drives the person towards possible academic achievement, and indicates perception, sympathy and a humanitarian view toward other people. When these are combined, the qualities can represent a person who has teaching abilities added to the desire to benefit others. If only I had consulted my hand sooner!

Teacher's Square

While this might be uninteresting or even unbelievable to some, I was and still am so intrigued. Regardless of whether or not you believe in such practices, it is still a neat thing to read about what certain cultures now and even some dating back to days of cave paintings believe(d). This could be an exciting thing to bring up in the classroom to get students interested. I mean, have you made it all the way through this post without looking at your own hand?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Teach for the info on the "Teachers square"! I too have this line..