Friday, November 14, 2008

Ali in the Jungle

So while I was sitting here thinking about the ol' B-L-O-G, I started listening to the song playing and got inspired by it. The video is posted below but warning: profanities included.



This song to me is very inspirational. It talks about how, well, "everybody gets knocked down" but what's important is how fast you overcome it and make something good out of it. It gives examples of hero-worthy individuals such as Muhammad Ali, Nelson Mandela, Beethoven, Helen Keller, etc. whom have all overcame great obstacles to make a positive change in not only their own lives, but those around them.

I think including the music aspect of incorporating this in the classroom could get students a lot more interested instead of me just standing up there lecturing about these [remarkable] individuals. I would love to see what kinds of things students write about in regards to their own lives after hearing about these others or even each others. I just think it is a great concept to think about though...what will you do with the bad things that happen to you in your lifetime?

No comments: