Monday, October 13, 2008

An Anniversary

So Saturday marked the six month anniversary of my surgery - six months since I was sliced open and dug around in - and six months since I thought I was going to die. It's crazy to think about really, how far I have come and all. Six months ago I was in a world of pain, so much that I can't really even think of an accurate way to explain so you'll just have to take my word for it.
Living through this experience has certainly changed a lot of things. It seems as though I needed a big scare like that to reignite some passion back in my life. These days I am even more driven to be the best teacher I can be and I really feel like this inner desire will really help me to push myself to constantly do better. And hopefully, by making it through all of this (and coming out stronger!), I can continue to learn from the experience and use it as a tool. By the time the one year anniversary rolls around, and I'm certain it will be here before I know it, I can only hope that I have been able to not only touch someone else's life with my experience, but use it to change my own, for the better of course! I'm proud of what I lived through. So happy "half"-birthday Scar! You're finally starting to grow on me :]

No comments: